Association affairs executive
GIRP has a vacancy for a full-time person, based in the GIRP office in Brussels. We are particularly interested in receiving applications from those with at least one to two years prior working experience in a similar position showing a high-level of commitment, attention to detail, stress-resistance, flexibility and maturity in their work. The individual must be able to work independently, be proactive and work as part of a dynamic team. Candidates must demonstrate the ability to prioritise tasks and work to tight deadlines.
The successful candidate should be prepared to start as soon as possible, but at the latest November 2021.
Duties will cover aspects ranging from administration to policy development. Specific duties may include (depending on profile of selected candidate):
- Providing general assistance to the members of the association (dealing with requests) and responding to external requests for information;
- Gathering, compiling and analysing data from members and partners to provide an overview of the full-service healthcare distribution sector at European level;
- Administering various Committee meetings of the association (agendas, meeting documents, presentations, minutes, etc.);
- Screening and reporting on developments in the European and global pharmaceutical and full-service healthcare distribution sectors;
- Recruitment of new members and relationship management with existing members;
- Administering the preparation of external meetings for the officers of the association;
- Preparation of presentations for the officers of association presenting at conferences;
- Other ad-hoc duties related to the effective functioning of the secretariat of the association.
Core qualifications required
- English mother tongue level (and ideally another major EU language at mother tongue level), other EU languages which would be an asset;
- Excellent attention to detail is a fundamental requirement for the position;
- Excellent communication and diplomacy skills, with good negotiation and persuasion abilities
- Sense of responsibility and ability to take initiative;
- Excellent organisational skills;
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Proven experience in MS Office (with particularly strong skills in PowerPoint and Excel)
- Excellent communications skills
- A demonstrable interest / experience in healthcare, business and pharmaceutical issues
Then we look forward to receiving a CV and short cover letter (by email only).
Please indicate your salary expectation.
Due to the high number of applications expected (and limited resources), we intend to respond only to those persons invited for further assessment.
If you do not hear from us within two weeks of sending your application, you may assume you will not be invited for further assessment.
Please send your application before September 10th to:
Mr Martin FitzGerald
Phone: +32 2 777 99 77