GIRP COMMUNICATION AND EVENT OFFICER
GIRP, the European Healthcare Distribution Association, is the umbrella organisation representing over 750 pharmaceutical full-line wholesalers and full-service healthcare distributors in Europe. GIRP has a vacancy for a full-time position, based in Brussels. We are particularly interested in receiving applications from persons with 1-3 years of working experience in a similar position showing a high-level of commitment, attention to detail, stress-resistance, flexibility and maturity in their work. The candidate must be able to work independently and be proactive. We are seeking candidates who are fluent in English, other EU languages are an asset. Candidates must demonstrate the ability to prioritise tasks and work to tight deadlines. The successful candidate should be prepared to start on 1st of November.
Throughout the year, GIRP organises numerous events and meetings in Europe. Your duties will cover aspects including overall event logistics at GIRP meetings and conferences, event communication. Your main job will be to ensure the full coordination and management of the event logistics. However, the position also extents to communications work for the association in order to ensure effective communication planning and execution. The communications aspect also extends to the association’s communication and marketing materials such as annual reports, website, brochures, etc. Furthermore, your job will be to take care of the association’s sponsors and continuously search for and secure new sponsorship. You will also be in charge of the internal financial administration of the association as well as the complete financial administration of the events. Finally, other administrative work such as travel planning will equally be part of your work.
Specific duties may include:
- Event logistics: venue research, site visits, budget, travel, contract negotiation, supplier coordination, briefings, on-site logistics, event administration
- Execute and monitor event registration, including preparation of event invitations, sending and follow-up
- Event app: create the design and content of the event apps used for the conferences
- Recruiting new sponsors and maintaining good relationship with existing ones
- Website administration: updating information, quality controlSocial media campaigns
- Coordination and printing of marketing materials
- Financial administration: monitoring annual events budget, issuing invoices, payment of incoming invoices
- Travel planning and coordination
- Other administrative tasks
Core qualifications required:
- Fluent in English, German and/or French desired (other European languages are an asset)
- Outstanding planning and organisational skills with the ability to adapt quickly to evolving circumstances.
- Eye for detail and sense of quality are fundamental requirements for the position
- Excellent communication and diplomacy skills, with good negotiation and persuasion abilities
- Proven experience in MS Office and InDesign
- Proven experience in budgeting and financial administration of events
- Sense of responsibility and ability to take initiative
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and out of hours on site during events
- Flexibility to travel occasionally
Then we look forward to receiving a CV and 1-page cover letter. Please send the full application to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Application Communication and Event officer. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis.
You are kindly requested to indicate your salary expectations.
On receipt of your application, you will get a confirmation email generated automatically. Further to this email, if you do not hear from us within two weeks of sending your application, you may assume you will not be invited for further assessment.
For further information please contact:
Mr. Martin FitzGerald