Regulatory affairs executive
GIRP, the European Healthcare Distribution Association, has a vacancy for a full-time person, based in the GIRP office in Brussels. We are particularly interested in receiving applications from those with one or two years prior working experience in a similar position showing a high-level of commitment, attention to detail, stress-resistance, flexibility and maturity in their work.
The individual must be able to work independently, be proactive and work as part of a dynamic team. Candidates must demonstrate the ability to prioritise tasks and work to tight deadlines.
The successful candidate should be prepared to start mid-March 2021.
Duties will cover aspects ranging from administration to policy development. Specific duties may include (depending on profile of selected candidate):
- Supporting the association and members with implementation of EU-level regulations in healthcare
- Administering technical level meetings of the association (agendas, meeting documents, presentations, minutes, consultations, position papers, etc.)
- Preparation of documentation such as drafting position papers, letters and other materials,
- Providing general assistance to the members of the association (dealing with requests) and responding to external requests for information
- Preparation and assistance with the conceptual development of conference, meetings, and events
- Preparation of presentations for the officers of association presenting at conferences
- Preparation of communications materials (newsletters, flyers, brochures, reports, etc...)
- Screening and reporting on developments in the European and global pharmaceutical and pharmaceutical full-line wholesaling sectors.
- Other ad-hoc duties related to the effective functioning of the secretariat of the association.
The successful candidate will have proven during the recruitment phase that s/he is able to carry out administrative tasks and duties in addition to being able to actively contribute to policy developments connected with the association. The successful candidate will also have proven this ability in a similar position of one to two years duration.
Core qualifications required
- English mother tongue level (and ideally another major EU language at mother tongue level - German language skills preferred), other European languages which would be an asset
- Excellent attention to detail is a fundamental requirement for the position
- Sense of responsibility and ability to take initiative
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Proven experience in MS Office (with particularly strong skills in PowerPoint and Excel)
- Excellent communications skills
- A demonstrable interest / experience in healthcare, business and pharmaceutical issues
Then we look forward to receiving a CV and short cover letter (by email only).
Please indicate your salary expectation.
Due to the high number of applications expected (and limited resources) we intend to respond only to those persons invited for further assessment. If contacted you should expect to participate in further assessments remotely.
If you do not hear from us within two weeks of submitting your application, you may assume you will not be invited for further assessment.
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org FAO
Deputy Director General